Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Visual Effects

It's taken a while, but I have officially taken the step into the visual effects world. All of my previous stuff has included some mild and ridiculously easy effects, such as Colin jumping over the church balcony in Captain Blasto, the Assassin tossing the dagger into the Baron's back in The Hidden Blade, or even the various animated characters in The Nintendo Office and Luigi Story. But they should be labeled more as simple trickery than full blown visual effects.

The Mercury Men however has pulled me into Star Wars territory and I'm lovin' it. I've been hesitant to try anything because I was worried about the mind numbing slowness of the process along with the horribly long rendering times. But after composing my first couple shots I feel very comfortable with it. It is slow, but the reward is some hopefully impressive filmmaking.

Can't wait for everyone to see the Invaders exploding, sparks flying, ray gun blasts, and more. While I don't have anything to show on this specific post, it will be coming soon. Post-production is moving incredibly quickly now a days and I suspect we'll be seeing a finished film within the next few weeks.

No comments: